It all starts with a call. What was described to me on this call I was convinced that this would be a bat or squirrel job. When I arrived on the job I did a preliminary walk around the house. I noticed some vent damage which could be from gray squirrels, raccoons, opossums. I am still thinking possible gray squirrels, or bats let in by previous gray squirrels.
I head up into the attic by the time I got near the vent pictured I start hearing young raccoons. At this point I leave the attic, I did not want to spook the mother raccoon to move her young into an inaccessible area of the attic.
I then head to the roof and get a closer look at the attic vent. Install a positive set trap (trap that is unbaitted that forces the animal into the trap in order to leave the attic)
The next day my client calls me telling me we have caught mother raccoon on the roof. I was already in rout being that the forecast called for temps in the upper 80s.
I removed the mother and then went inside the attic to retrieve the young. I retrieved the first within 10minutes of being in the attic. I searched the attic and could not locate anymore young. I was convinced their were more young and instructed the home owner to listen out that night. The next morning I get the call that they did hear another raccoon. I went into the attic and made some raccoon calls. The next of the young showed himself. I retrieved him and did another search of the attic. No more raccoons were found or heard from. I sealed off all the attic vents completing the job.